Even with the colder than usual weather, it is very imperative that your entire team shows up to the drillfield as over 1,200 residents are relying on Hokies to live out Ut Prosim. Each volunteer and team has already been matched to jobs and no-show teams reflect very poorly on Virginia Tech and The Big Event.
Preparing for The Big Event
– It will be cold and windy outside so please dress appropriately. Some jobs will occur outdoors, but feel free to take breaks and warm up while working on your project.
– Bring water
– Coordinate where your group will meet the morning of (be as specific as possible!)
Check-In On Saturday
– Check-in is at 9am sharp at the large tent in front of War Memorial Hall
– Check-in tent is divided by the first letter of your team name
Fun Things on the Drillfield
- FREE t-shirts for all volunteers!
- Photo Booth
- Come take pictures with your team!
- Sponsors Booths (stop by to get free things):
- The Retreat / Terrace View / Campus Cookies / Coca Cola
- Opening Ceremonies
- The Low Techs
- President Sands
- Vice President, Dr. Perillo
- Blacksburg Mayor, Ron Rordam
- The Big Event Directors
Perks of Being a Volunteer
April 9th: Buy 3 Cupcakes get 1 Free at Gobble Cakes
April 9th: 10% off at Green’s
April 9th-16th: 25% off at Sycamore Deli
More to be added, stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter for updates!
*Must be wearing Big Event t-shirt*
The team captain’s meeting powerpoint is located here: http://vtbigevent.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Team-Captains-Meeting-PP-2016.pdf
Please review it and if you have any questions and check out our FAQ here: http://vtbigevent.org/volunteer/faq
We look forward to seeing you Saturday!