The Big Event is this Saturday, April 9th! We look forward to serving you this weekend. Here are a few important reminders for the day-of. Please also note that we are receiving hundreds of emails and calls and we are responding as quickly as possible. Please read carefully below, which may answer any questions.
Day of Logistics
- Volunteers will arrive between 11am – 12pm
- Volunteers can stay and work for up to 4 hours
- Volunteers will bring all requested tools with them
- NO POWER TOOLS ARE ALLOWED
- If there are any issues on the day-of, please call our Headquarters at (540) 440-1244
Currently the forecast is calling for a cold, windy day with a chance of precipitation. The Big Event is NOT cancelled at this time and will only get cancelled if the weather becomes dangerous for volunteers.
If your project cannot be completed in cold weather, we suggest looking for other tasks volunteers could complete inside such as washing windows or basic indoor cleaning. We have told the volunteers to dress appropriately for the weather so most outdoor projects should go on as planned. With that being said, please take the well-being of volunteers into account. Please give volunteers ample time to warm up while working at the job site.
A Few Disclaimers
- The homeowner must be on-site this Saturday, volunteers cannot work at a job site that has nobody present.
- If the project requires digging, call Miss Utility at 811
- Students can only use ladders up to one story and they cannot us power tools
If you have any more questions visit our homeowner FAQ section at vtbigevent.org/residents/faq.