Apply today to be apart of The Big Event Staff for 2017-2018. We could not make this event happen without your help and we are thankful for your interest! Click here to apply.
Are you interested in helping make this year’s Big Event the best one yet? If so, apply for committee! The committee application will be open from October 16-31. If you want to learn more about what it means to be on committee come to an interest meeting!
We will be hosting interest meetings on:
- October 23th, 6-7pm in Yorktown Room (Squires)
- October 24th, 6-7pm in Squires 217
- October 25th, 6-7pm in Squires 217
We look forward to meeting you!
Congratulations to the new Exec Team for the 2018 Big Event! We are all excited to make our 17th annual Big Event bigger and better!
Stop by our booth at Gobblerfest on September 8 for awesome giveaways and be on the lookout for committee applications; they should be posted in October.
Co-Directors: Eric Rothenberger and Monica Ricci
Assistant Director: Kelly McConnell
Co-Directors Communications: Diana Doan and Gwen Leonard
Co-Directors of Fundraising: Rachel Myers and Andrew Luo
Co-Directors of Committee Relations: Spencer Morris and Steven Black
Co-Directors of Logistics: Mason Alexander and Noah Gendron
Co-Directors of Programming: Katie Rappold and Ryan Couse
Programming Mentor: Jazmine Aguilar
Co-Directors of Project Evaluations: Tracy Duong and Ben Robson
Co-Directors of Projects: Lauren Dalfonzo and Meleah Overholt
Co-Directors of Student Outreach: Aaron Graham and Amanda Gladstone
Co-Directors of Technology: Moira Pelton and Natalie Beden
Technology Mentor: Michael DiFrancisco
Director of Visual Communications: Hannah Hughes and Genevieve Munch
Visual Communications Mentor: Stephen Edelmann
As we celebrate another amazing Big Event, we’d like to say thank you to all the volunteers, committee, and exec that made this past weekend possible.
See the official recap video:
Photos & Video by our Director of Visual Communications, Stephen Edelmann
The Big Event is this Saturday, April 8th! We look forward to serving you this weekend. Here are a few important reminders for the day-of. Please also note that we are receiving hundreds of emails and calls and we are responding as quickly as possible. Please read carefully below, which may answer any questions.
Day of Logistics
- Volunteers will arrive between 11am – 12pm
- Volunteers can stay and work for up to 4 hours
- Volunteers will bring all requested tools with them
- NO POWER TOOLS ARE ALLOWED
- If there are any issues on the day-of, please call our Headquarters at (540) 440-1244
- We will not be checking emails. Please call the above number
Currently the forecast is calling for cool spring day. We have told the volunteers to dress appropriately for the weather. With that being said, please take the well-being of volunteers into account. Please give volunteers ample time to warm up while working at the job site, if needed.
A Few Disclaimers
- The homeowner must be on-site this Saturday, volunteers cannot work at a job site that has nobody present.
- If the project requires digging, call Miss Utility at 811
- Students can only use ladders up to one story and they cannot us power tools
If you have any more questions visit our homeowner FAQ section at vtbigevent.org/residents/faq.